Content from Brent High's Christian Articles and Stories
Different Ways to Fish for Sport/Food
· Rod and reel
· Limb lines
· Noodling, Grappling, Hogging
Different Ways to Fish for Men
“As Jesus walked beside the Sea of Galilee, he saw Simon and his brother Andrew casting a net into the lake, for they were fishermen. "Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him. – Mark 1:16-17
The reason why one set of scriptures or one approach to sharing your faith does not work with everyone is that hearts are in different spiritual conditions (Read Parable of the Sower explained in Matthew 13:18-23).
· Jesus' approach to the woman caught in adultery was pure grace (Jn. 8:3-11).
· Jesus' approach to woman at the well required a word of knowledge (Jn. 4:16-18).
· To Zaccheus it took a dinner invitation (Lk. 19:1-10).
· To the rich young ruler Jesus ministered the law (Mt. 19:16-22).
· To the jailer, doing the unexpected (Acts 16:16-34)
· Hospital visitation is sharing your faith in a hospital while visiting friends or family members who are hospitalized. You can do this with nurses, roommates, and even in other rooms or wards by permission of the sick person.
· Home visitation involves visiting persons in their home for the purpose of answering their questions and sharing the Gospel with them.
· Evangelistic Breakfasts, lunches or dinners involve inviting non-Christians to a meal for fellowship with Christians and to hear a speaker talk about how the Christian faith relates to everyday life.
· Evangelistic films are excellent tools to expose non-believers to the Gospel. These films can be shown in your home, at the church, or in any other suitable location.
· Evangelistic meetings provide occasions where Christians can bring their unsaved friends to hear the Gospel preached.
· Evangelistic Bible studies in small groups provide a non-threatening atmosphere where people can be exposed to the Gospel message.
· The internet is an excellent, non-intimidating resource. Oftentimes sending someone an email or a web address can be one of the best things you can do. See FaithSite.com, FaithMatters.com, BrentHigh.com, TFTD-online.com
· Books (The Case for Christ, The Case for a Creator, Purpose Driven Life, Prayer of Jabez)
· I agree with “Matt” t-shirts
· Bible bobbleheads/Bible giveaway
· WWJD bracelets
Putting it All Together
· What’s in your tackle box?
· Importance of adding new “lures”
“Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.” – 1 Corinthians 9:19-23